Everyone knows the risk and damage smoking does to your body when they decide to start. Despite the knowledge of the harm smoking may lead to, and the health effects of smoking that may occur, it is still a challenge to give up for good without the right help. Education is the starting point to getting people to make healthy personal choices. Understanding the dangers of smoking should begin any discussion on quitting, with our hypnotherapy to quit smoking program an obvious solution. Quick, easy and long term.
What Are The Dangers Of Smoking
There are many fatal diseases that may result from smoking. These diseases include pneumonia, emphysema and, most commonly, lung cancer. Lung cancer alone has caused 84% of deaths in smokers. These are just a couple of the diseases shown to come with smoking. More than a vague threat to wellbeing, smoking also affects many parts of the body including the respiratory, circulatory, immune and musculoskeletal system. The risk of heart disease and worse, strokes is increased dramatically when you smoke. These are just a number of the damages smoking does to your body. In truth, there are so many health effects of smoking that it can be a challenge to pinpoint ‘which one’ you are most likely to suffer from.
Health Effects Of Smoking
The effects of smoking on the body can be broken down into broad categories which include:
- Irritation of the trachea and larynx
- Increased risk of lung infections
- Reduced lung function, with swelling around the lung airways and excess mucus causing breathlessness
- Reduced ability of the lungs clearance system, resulting in a build-up of poisonous substances
- Higher blood pressure and heart rate
- Blood that is more prone to clotting
- High Risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis and cerebral clotting
- Damage to arteries
- Reduced blood flow to fingers and toes – amputations
- Increased risk of stroke and heart attack
- Greater susceptibility to infections
- Longer lasting and more severe illnesses
- Less protective antioxidants in the blood
Other effects of smoking on the body
- Inflammation of the stomach and intestines
- Reduced ability to smell and taste
- Increased wrinkling of the skin
- Gum disease
- Increased risk of digestive tract ulcers
Once you fully understand the causes and effects of smoking, our hypnotherapy treatment, becomes an obvious choice. It is a proven solution that allows you to quit smoking easily and quickly. All you need is to want to quit. Pick up the phone today and give us a call….. and see the result in yourself. What happens to your body when you quit smoking is just amazing.
If you’re concerned about the damage smoking does to your body, call us today on 1300 64 53 54 or contact us to start your own journey towards a healthier, more fulfilling life.