People smoke because the act of smoking is personally meaningful to them. When quitting it is useful to explore the reasons and benefits of smoking. Ask the following questions:
1. How will smoking help or change this situation?
2. What situations make you smoke more?
3. What emotion or feeling am I trying to avoid or deny?
4. If I were not to smoke now,what would I feel? How would I handle that feeling?
5. What would I do with the energy that is freed up from quitting smoking?
6. What do I get from not smoking?
The most important factor in quitting smoking is a genuine desire to quit smoking. People are not born to smoke, it is a learned habit that can be unlearned.Learning new ways to cope with stress and to relax is possible.
Make a commited decision to quit smoking and explore the underlying needs to smoke. You are not only kicking a habit but you are also creating a balance with the body, mind and self.
Book a FREE consultation to check if our process will help you to QUIT smoking in 60 minutes.